Posted June 14, 2017 in Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is one of the top requested procedures by women. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2016 statistics, more than 300,000 breast augmentation surgeries were performed last year. When a woman is unhappy with the shape or size of her breasts, it may affect how she feels about her femininity; it can impact her identity and her confidence. A breast augmentation can change how a woman feels about herself and her body, and it can be life changing for a female. A woman can feel better about how her body looks beneath clothing or unveiled while helping to increase her self-image. She can feel confident about how she looks and feels about her body.
Breast augmentation is a procedure that involves the use of saline or silicone implants that can be inserted underneath the glandular tissue (subglandular) or underneath the pectoral muscle (subpectoral). Incisions can be made in the creases under the breasts, around the areolas, or through the armpit. Incisions are sutured, and a surgical bra is placed for support and to aid in healing. Patients can return home following breast augmentation surgery. Every procedure is designed to the individual’s body type and goals.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Some patients decide to undergo breast augmentation surgery to correct loss of volume due to weight loss or pregnancy, or because they have always had small breasts. Whatever the reason, there are many benefits to breast augmentation, such as:
- Individualized results: With so many advancements and new breast implant options, women can receive personally tailored results. No two women are alike; therefore, not every female should undergo the same breast augmentation technique.
- Safe and effective: The FDA approves both saline and silicone breast implants as safe and effective for the use in breast augmentation surgery. Women can undergo breast augmentation surgery with a lower chance of complications.
- Restores confidence: The appearance of the breasts can affect a woman’s self-esteem. After breast augmentation surgery, she has the confidence needed to feel comfortable in her body again.
- Enhances the appearance of the breasts: The overall goal of breast augmentation is to improve the appearance of the breasts. Patients can achieve breasts that fit their body type while entirely enhancing their physique.
- More clothing options: Many women feel that tight fitting clothing or cleavage-baring tops do not fit correctly due to the shape or size of their breasts. After breast augmentation surgery, they can wear fashions they had typically steered away from before.
If you would like to learn how breast implants will change your life, schedule a consultation with Dr. Garcia or Dr. Perez-Gurri today! They can evaluate your body and goals to help you to decide the right option for you. Contact us by calling (305) 596-2228 or by filling out our online contact form.