When plastic surgery first made its debut, women were the ones who took to its appeal. It isn’t surprising, as women have a lot of pressure to look beautiful and have a thin figure to fit the female ideal. Although the majority of the plastic surgery market is fueled by women, more and more men are opting for cosmetic procedures. As the years pass by, male plastic surgery continues to grow in demand. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, male plastic surgery has increased 325 percent since 1997. That’s right! Men care about their looks and are getting cosmetic surgery too!
Male Plastic Surgery
Men are climbing out from behind the curtains and unveiling their insecurities. Whether they want to look more masculine, reduce aging indicators, or enhance the contours of their body, they are no longer ashamed and are undergoing various procedures.
Men can undergo one or a combination of facial and/or body contouring procedures to achieve a more masculine and youthful appearance.
- Rhinoplasty: The size and shape of the nose can be corrected by reducing a prominent nasal hump, adjusting the size of the nostrils, and reshaping the nasal tip.
- Otoplasty: The position and size of the ears can be altered to correct prominent or protruding ears.
- Facelift surgery: Excess skin and tissue are removed and muscles are tightened to recontour the face and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eyelid surgery: Unsightly under-eye bags and prominent wrinkles around the eyes are corrected by removing excess skin and fatty tissue from the upper and lower eyelids.
- Chin implant surgery: A more masculine jawline is achieved through the placement of implants inserted into the chin.
Body Contouring Procedures
- Gynecomastia surgery: Excess glandular tissue that causes the appearance of female-like breasts can be corrected by excising breast tissue and skin or utilizing liposuction.
- Liposuction: Fat is surgically removed using a cannula hooked up to a vacuum suctioning device. Liposuction can be performed on any area of the body. For men, it is predominantly performed on the abdomen and neck.
- Abdominoplasty: Common among massive weight-loss patients, abdominoplasty involves an incision from hipbone to hipbone to tighten the abdominal muscles and remove excess fat and tissue.
If you are a man interested in learning more about your plastic surgery options, schedule your consultation with Dr. Garcia or Dr. Perez-Gurri today! They are experienced plastic surgeons who offer the latest plastic surgery techniques. Contact us by calling (305) 596-2228 or by filling out our online contact form.