Posted August 23, 2017 in Injectables
Summertime involves a lot of outdoor fun. Many people want to stay cool and head to the beach, pool, or lake. The sun can be warm and inviting, especially when you’re close to a body of water; however, the UVA and UVB sun rays are the downsides of being outside. Sunscreen is the key to keeping the skin protected from harmful sun rays to help prevent fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes, and age spots from forming. Most of us know we should be using sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every day, but most people lead busy lives and easily neglect to apply it. Just as normal as it is to shower and brush our teeth every day, sunscreen should be something everyone adopts into their morning routine along with other healthy daily habits.
Skincare Habits You Should Be Following
Sun protection is just the beginning for maintaining healthy, beautiful skin. Here are some other healthy daily habits:
- Hydrate: The average person should consume at least eight glasses of water per day. Water helps to aid in hydration, digestion, and circulation, which all assist in promoting the healthy growth of skin cells.
- Eat healthy: Consuming healthy nutrients like antioxidants helps to keep the complexion fresh by fighting off signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. A person should avoid foods and drinks high in sugar, wheat flour, and processed fats.
- Moisturize: Applying a daily moisturizer will keep the skin hydrated and fresh. It is especially important to moisturize following a shower because hot water tends to strip the skin of essential oils that help prevent dry and flaking skin.
When Daily Skincare Is Not Enough
While adopting a healthy skincare regimen can improve your complexion and deter signs of aging, it is inevitable that some aging indicators will develop. Even though we cannot halt the aging process, we do have some non-surgical options that can be performed to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Here are some of the cosmetic procedures that can be performed alone or combined to rejuvenate your appearance:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: This formula, made with a natural purified protein produced by botulinum toxin type A, is injected beneath the skin to inhibit the movement of facial muscles that cause the appearance of dynamic wrinkles such as forehead lines, crow’s feet, wrinkles between the brows, and fine lines around the mouth. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a quick treatment performed in the office that can produce significant results that last four to six months.
- Dermal fillers: Injectable dermal fillers are used to fill in facial lines and creases to smooth the skin. JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® are made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance found in the body. RADIESSE® is made of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres and stimulates your body’s natural production of collagen. Dermal fillers can target nasolabial folds (wrinkles from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth), forehead lines, wrinkles around the brows, and fine lines around the eyes. They are quick treatments performed in the office with results known to last up to one year.
If you would like to learn more about proper skincare or are interested in one of our non-surgical facial procedures, schedule your consultation with Dr. Garcia or Dr. Perez-Gurri today! Contact us by calling (305) 596-2228 or by filling out our online contact form.